The practice can trace its history back into the nineteenth century when Ernest Uren was the local chemist and 'registered dentist'. He extracted teeth in a room above his chemist's shop. His patients sat on a box whilst he operated.
His son, Kenneth, was the first qualified dentist in the town. He trained at Guy's Hospital in London, and started work in Hayle in about 1928.
Uren working in his surgery in the 1960s
In 1970, Phil Budden, who had qualified at Guy's in 1969, bought out the rather antiquated practice.
The two main surgeries have been recently refurbished to a high standard, both with Kavo equipment.
Nigel became unwell in October 1998, and subsequently took early retirement.
In 1999 the practice was able to welcome a new dentist, Craig Jeffrey, who quickly become an important member of our team, and a full partner at the practice.
In 2003 Phil also became unwell and he took early retirement in 2004, when his place was taken by James Frampton.
Nick Miller joined them in 2007.